Saturday, December 29, 2007

{christmas rundown}

The holidays are over, and I am sad :( Why is it that by the time I am ready to sit down and enjoy Christmas, it's over? I complained earlier about stores putting out Christmas merchandise way too early. Well, they also get rid of it way to early. It's the same in our own neighborhood. No more lights on houses. Christmas trees taken down the day after Christmas. It's sad. Christmas lasts for 12 days!! I always leave my decorations up until the Epiphany, usually the last ones in the neighborhood to take them down. I don't care. I love the way my house looks and feels during Christmas, and I want to enjoy it as long as possible!

Everyone here had a fabulous holiday! We now officially have way too many toys in the house. Some of the new favorites include:

These for the little girls (pink for Jessie, black for Helen):

Photobucket

Photobucket

An iPod for the oldest boy and girl:

Morgan got this one:

Photobucket

And DH got this one:

Photobucket

Our family now owns every single new generation iPod! My dad has the iPhone, I have the iPod touch, Morgan has the Classic, and Ed the nano. Apple should pay us endorsement fees ;)

Speaking of iPods, my favorite new accessory for my touch:

Photobucket

WooHoo! I can now listen to my iPod at night. This baby automatically sleeps my iPod, and I can wake to any playlist I want.

Alex got just about every single toy they make with this logo:

Photobucket

Seriously. I'm not kidding.

But I have to say, Santa knows our family quite well. He brought the best present of the season to the whole family:

Photobucket

This thing is SO MUCH FUN!!!! I knew DH and the kids would enjoy this, and of course DD#1 is a pro already, but I can't believe how much I have enjoyed it as well! We have entire family showdowns. It's so addicting. Even Grandpa got in on the fun!

All in all, it was a wonderful holiday, and a wonderful year. I'm looking forward to making 2008 even better! Cheers!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhh have to check out that ihome thingy... my poor nano (and mini) don't get much use these days - i listen to mostly "wheels on the bus!" ;)

Miranda Barten said...

Great presents and I really had a big smile...my youngest son also has everything there is from Cars..lol

I always keep my christmas decorations untill January 2nd, and then run to town to buy myself lots of tulips ;-)

Anonymous said...

omg. amy. WOW! my Alex got Guitar Hero III and we have NOT stopped rocking since Dec 25th!!!! I have to agree. even whole family. Awesome!

Karen said...

Glad you had a nice Christmas. I feel sad when the holidays are over, too. Like you, I'm so busy running around that by the time I get a chance to sit back and relax, it's all over. Love all your family's new toys. Guitar Hero is sooo much fun! I've been playing my nephew's for a while now. ; )

Anonymous said...

Oh, so glad you had a good Christmas!! We want to get Guitar Hero!! Glad it's got good reviews from you! :)

Anonymous said...

My family got Guitar Hero III also. My DH immediately ran out and got a second guitar and 1 & 2. Way to addicting, lol.