Tuesday, June 19, 2007

{ouch}

My son just bit the fire out of me. I have a mark. It hurts. He's now laying on the floor in disgrace. He's been doing that quite a bit lately (the biting, not the disgrace part). I don't think he means harm, he just gets excited, and doesn't know how to express himself. But even so, I can't allow him to get away with it, no matter how cute he is. And he is pretty damn cute ;)

My roses and I are fighting a raging battle against the dreaded blackspot. It was winning, but I think we may have gained the upper hand. I've done a day's research, and have discovered that a solution of vinegar may be beneficial. So I mixed up a gallon sprayer with 3 Tbsp. vinegar, 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil, and a couple drops of dish soap. I spent the last two days picking off infected leaves, and spraying the remaining canes down with the vinegar solution. So far, it really seems to be helping, but I've only gotten to 3 of them so far. 8 more to go. I'll let you know who wins!

*Perpetual Calendar*

I thought I would share the project I did for ScrapArtist.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The actual calendar portion is completely digital, and can be used for any month, any year.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I put the months in fold-out tabs to remind me what month it is, since I often can't keep track (I wrote down July just today).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The year is stickers, so hopefully I can change it out next year, if I don't decide that it's time for a change, which I am liable to do!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

On a tiny side note, my oldest daughter is going through her first break-up. What am I going to do with all those layouts I did of the two of them? She's taking it rather well, though.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Karin said...

It's an awesome calendar Amy. Hope that DD's heartbreak is shortlived.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy! I'm sorry I just had the chance to drop by here! I've been meaning to email you but I was so busy with all the stuff going on here and our return back in a couple of weeks:) I miss seeing you in the Digiland too and your awesome layouts. I see that you have such awesome line up of new teams. You are soo deserving to have them! And them to have you;)

Thanks again! And Miss you:)

Anonymous said...

That calendar is ultra-cool! Great graphics and layout for it!

Hope your DD gets through the breakup quickly!