Wednesday, June 6, 2007

{queen of the crop}

The 10 finalists have been announced. I didn't make the cut, but I am so happy for those who did! I didn't go into the contest with a hope of winning, but rather to challenge myself. And who knew? I wouldn't have a chance at all if I didn't enter, right? I was very, very pleased with my layouts that came out of this contest. If nothing else, I think it really helped me define my style.

*week 1: She-Woman*



I often tell my husband how multi-talented I am, even though he doesn't quite believe me! This layout is all about my different roles in life, specifically as mom, wife, artist, and friend. I used a duplicated photo that was treated with different actions to give them each individuality. They're all me, but they're all different!

*week 2: Beach*



My wish. 'Nuff said.

*week 3: Everyday*



My daily schedule is chaos, even though I don't have one of those "job" things! A cocktail always calms me down at the end of the day.

*week 4: Observe*



My middle daughter brought home a card for mother's day that she had filled out with all the things she thought made me a good mother. It was a joy looking through her eyes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved EVERY ONE of your layouts and can't believe you didn't make it to the top! I just have to tell you that your shadowing is AMAZING. I always get lost in the depth of your pages! :) Have a super day Amy!

Karla Dudley said...

WHAT???????????? I cannot believe your TALENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have GOT to have your own book right? I mean LOOK AT WHAT YOU DO.....I gotta go tell me girl Ronda about you....like right now so bye!

-Karla

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Amy! You totally deserved to be among the finalists!
Love your blog too, will come back later for a better look!
Cheers
Catherine

Anonymous said...

Your talent amazes me. Do you do much paper scrapping? i'm looking for a card designer for my little shop.... :)