Tuesday, June 24, 2008

{sprinkler fun}

such is life



Our kid-free week is over. To tell the truth, I was aching by the last day. I've decided I can handle 3 days without them with no problem, but any more than that, and I miss them so much! So we drove down to pick them up last weekend, and stayed a couple days to spend some time with family.

Turns out Alex is quite the sharer when it comes to his cousin (but NOT his sisters!):



My brother has an old motorcycle, and he entertained the kids with rides around the yard:



And my nephew just gets cuter every day:



I bought a sprinkler at the Dollar Spot at Target while the kids were gone, and finally got to hook it up yesterday! Jessie and Alex were the only ones to play in it.



Alex didn't take to it quite as well as Jessie did though:



But he warmed up to it, by sticking his legs and feet in:



What will he do when the pool goes in? :) Jessie was a true trooper, jumping through it over and over, then looking at me with my camera and saying "did you get that?" I managed to capture several cute ones:









We signed papers yesterday for the new pool! I'm so excited! Weather permitting, there will be a huge hole in our backyard on Thursday :D Stay tuned for lots of photos documenting the whole process!

down to business



Speaking of getting wet, Angela Powers and I have teamed up for this ultra-cute kit:




I hope to sit down and scrap with it tonight!

Today is $2 Tuesday at {we are}storytellers:



Today only, get my May Blossom Fizz papers and ellies for only $2!





latest layout



I scrapped this layout in a mere 20 minutes! My quickest ever, I think. I talk more about it HERE if you're interested :)



Here's to getting wet!!! Cheers!

5 comments:

Gina said...

Awesome page and fantastic pictures -- makes me want to be a kid again!

Anonymous said...

A pool?? How fun!! Can't wait to see the whole process! :) Love that latest layout too!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics Amy, especially the ones with the sprinkler! wow a pool! i am so jealous!

and 20 min for that last gorgeous LO! you amaze me and i was so proud to have fone a LO in 40 min instead of the 10 hours it usually takes me!!! lol!
Have a wonderful WE!

Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful blog ! Great photography too. I would like to thank you for allowing the girls at Scrap Shanty to play with your kit Berry me in the Sand, I love that kit. Blogged about you today and showed off the wonderful layouts I made ;-)
Thanks again !

verabear said...

I am officially envious! You are getting a pool! Is it finished by now? :)